Re: [SLUG] Debian

From: Ka Winter (ka_winter@yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Jan 03 2006 - 07:42:00 EST

> My normal procedure is to first try it myself, spend
> as much time as required
> to ascertain what I can, ask really dumb question
> [you know the type is a
> white house white? Don't laugh the whit house may be
> a name not related to
> the color and I wouldn't know that.], ask for help
> on line in the proper
> forum, and if all else fails ask for help at a SLUG
> meeting.

I ask questions like that myself. And I take the
route you are talking about above as well. But when
you get into installing a distro like Debian it is
good to have other people right there. Then they can
see the error messages as they come up and help and it
takes an hour or so instead of days of emailing back
and forth. Then everyone goes for beer and laughs
about it. I'm not saying your way of doing it is
wrong, I'm just pointing out that there is also a
delightful alternative.