Re: [SLUG] Debian

From: SOTL (sotl155360@earthlink.net)
Date: Tue Jan 03 2006 - 11:42:19 EST

On Tuesday 03 January 2006 08:56 am, Robert Snyder wrote:
> This is the thread that never ends it keeps going on and on my friend
> some person started it not knowing what it mess it would cause and they
> will continue adding to it just because this is the thread that never
> ends. ( repeat 7000 times)
>
> Now I normally dont defend Debian as a very serious Slackware user, but
> I have migrated a couple of my more distance servers to debian for ease
> of administration. Which I happen to like alot.
>
> For the post a couple up from mine that went with 14disk and had this
> and that, blah you must of not read very well as it ask you to specify a
> monitor type and card type. And even if you did not know which driver
> went to you card you could of always used Vesa unless the card is really
> really old like early SVGA cards with a whole whoping 256 colors.
>
> I am sick and tired of people whining about ncurses gui that slackware
> and debian happen to use there is nothing wrong with it, it is just
> people have brainwash a large group of people into beliving if it is not
> a pretty gui then it is too hard to install and get working. B.S. and I
> dont mean Bryan Smith.

If you could read you would have observed that the issue is that Debian when
it starts to do the second stage of the instulation has a number of
components that are marked as failed to open on second stage boot. No matter
how you cut it, no matter how you wine obout how great Debian is the simple
matter is that the instullation program FAILS on instulation.

Thus good by DEbian
On with a distribution that will install.

Oh and have a happy wining day.