[SLUG] wmf funny comments

From: Mike Branda (mike@wackyworld.tv)
Date: Fri Jan 06 2006 - 16:56:56 EST

I don't want this to cause a scene as It's a Linux list and I
wholeheartedly like it that way but this is funny (and according to the
list rules, computer related stuff is allowed). It's a snip from an MS
Q & A to the early wmf patch release.

In a computer world article Debby Fry Wilson, director of the Microsoft
Security Response Center says at the end of the article:

--quote--

At Microsoft, we want to be authoratitive, clear, consistent and
transparent. With this issue, we have maintained active communication;
we have always tried to be open and transparent. There are times when
our guidance may be in conflict with some of the more inflammatory
things you hear in newsgroups and press headlines. But if anyone was to
do a backward look, you will see our guidance is always based very much
on data and very much on analysis with the customer interest in mind.

--/quote--

The Whole article is here if you wish:

http://computerworld.com/securitytopics/security/holes/story/0,10801,107522,00.html

And if anybody else uses any version of windows and you don't know about
this you really need to read up.

http://www.crn.com/sections/custom/custom.jhtml?articleId=175802186

Mike Branda Jr.