RE: [SLUG] Video cards again

From: Darrin Jones (darrin@ravenrock.net)
Date: Sat Jan 07 2006 - 19:59:56 EST

Remember that PCI-E is relatively new and may cause any number of problems
in linux right now.

As for ATI, I'm done with them. The last one I bought was the 9600 Pro for
my gaming machine (winders) and the driver support was just sad. It was
almost a year before it was relatively stable. I was still having bizarre
issues with it as of the last Catalyst release. I just replaced it (Merry
Christmas to me!) with a GeForce 6600. I also got tired of fooling with
ATI/Xorg and scrapped that one also for an MX 4000.

Darrin