Re: [SLUG] Resizing NTFS Partition

From: petetheisen (petetheisen@verizon.net)
Date: Mon Jan 09 2006 - 02:12:06 EST

Tim Wright wrote:
> I ran into a problem trying to resize an NTFS partition
<snip>
> Is there some kind of NTFS weirdness I didn't consider that I need to
> work around?

Hi Tim!

I cursed at Toshiba over the same problem. Window$ XP Home puts files
way out there on both ends of the free space to frustrate would-be Linux
users :-)

I finally popped for Partition Magic 8 which did the trick. I think PM
has changed hands, so the latest version might be in on the M$
conspiracy, see if you can get a trial version and see if it works.

Regards,

Pete