Re: [SLUG] Fonts, X11, QT

From: Levi Bard (taktaktaktaktaktaktaktaktaktak@gmail.com)
Date: Fri Jan 13 2006 - 09:47:58 EST

Are you both using the same QT theme? If so...

There are a couple of different font resolutions that X uses. The
machine where the fonts look "right" might be 75dpi and the other
machine may be 100dpi. Usually what happens is that the xserver
attempts to detect the appropriate font resolution. However, IME it's
terrible at this. It switched the font resolution on my fiancee's
machine when she installed a newer nvidia driver because it could now
detect (or maybe could no longer detect) some obscure thing about the
video card. In that case, we were able to use the DPI options to the
nvidia X driver to fix it. One thing to try is listing the 75dpi
fonts in front of the 100dpi fonts in the font path (sounds like
you've already tried this).

http://www.mozilla.org/unix/dpi.html may also be helpful.

--
Debianista!