Re: [SLUG] playing dvd's

From: Paul M Foster (paulf@quillandmouse.com)
Date: Fri Jan 20 2006 - 11:32:06 EST

Bob Stia wrote:
> On Thursday 19 January 2006 15:21, Paul M Foster wrote:
>

>>FWIW, this particular DVD gives you (this is from memory), a whole
>>little program it runs first, making you think you have a virus and
>>asking you to respond, before you actually get to the "Play/Scene
>>Selection/etc." menu. It's a little bit of humor from the film's
>>director, I suppose.
>

> Ummmmm....I sincerely doubt that. Is it a Sony DVD? Maybe one of those new
> "copyright protection" ones that tries to install a program on your computer?

As I said, this was a joke by the film's producers or whoever. Go buy
the DVD and you'll see. They give you a warning about a virus, and then
tell you to hit "Select" on your remote. Then it acts like a virus has
overcome their attempt to fix your DVD player. Finally, it shows the DVD
menu. It's just a little gimmick.

Paul

--
Paul M. Foster