Re: [SLUG] Edit PDF files

From: t.wright1@mindspring.com
Date: Fri Jan 20 2006 - 16:15:54 EST

-----Original Message-----

Acrobat Editor has a Text Touch-Up tool that does exactly what you describe.
It allows you to highlight and change a line of text in a PDF without translating
to something else, then go back to PDF. Point, click, and fix. It's very handy for
fixing typos and making small changes in PDF documents. This software package
comes with Acrobat Distiller and PDFWriter. The editor looks just like the reader,
except that it has extra tools for editing. Anybody who prepares a lot of
documents for use on Web browsers is likely to have this app.

Unfortunately, this is a Windows-only application, and it costs a few $$$. It may
run on WINE, but there's no telling.