Re: [SLUG] Edit PDF files

From: Chuck Hast (wchast@gmail.com)
Date: Sat Jan 21 2006 - 11:26:49 EST

On 1/21/06, Ken Elliott <kelliott4@tampabay.rr.com> wrote:
> >>I have a PDF, I need to go into it and change some text,
>
> Adobe Illustrator is the tool of choice. It can edit anything in a PDF
> file, far beyond what Acrobat Pro can do. If you don't have it, I'd
> type the text you want and save it as a text file. Then I'd find
> someone who does desktop publishing and see if they have Adobe
> Illustrator. Get them (pay?) to open the file, paste your text, then
> save the file. Should take 1-2 minutes, thus affordable.
>
> But I must ask - why can't you go to the application that was used to
> create the PDF and edit that, and re-export the PDF?

Well, I was sort of hoping to be able to do this without having to fall back
to windows, besides that gets beurocracy involved and slows things WAY
down, the boss wanted it done ASAP and I am trying to do it with Linux
and at the same time avoid getting the office people involved too many
chiefs and in the end nothing gets done or it gets done slow. Guess I will
have to find out who has the tool and go that route, sure was trying to avoid
it, but guess it is not going to be.

--
Chuck Hast  -- KP4DJT --
To paraphrase my flight instructor;