Re: [SLUG] Ubuntu questions

From: michael hast (evylrobot19@cox.net)
Date: Sat Jan 28 2006 - 13:19:08 EST

>Two seconds with Google yields:
>http://www.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/relationship
>
>Logan

    Okay. Ubuntu is NOT Debian. I was exaggerating. Ubuntu is
PRACTICALLY Debian. Why would it be "dangerous" to use the Debian
repositories on his Ubuntu system? No one has even hinted at the
rational here.
    Hypothetically, if I switched to Kubuntu and added Debian
repositories to my sources so that when I used apt it may access Ubuntu
and Debian repositories, what is the danger? What is the
worst-case-scenario? I'm not trying to ridicule. I would really like
to know.
    If something is inherintly dangerous and I don't think anything of
it, my ignorance is putting me in harm's way. If I understand the
mechanics of the danger on some level, I can avoid it on many levels.
    If you tell a kid not to run in a street because it's dangerous,
he'll probably get run over in a parking lot. If you tell a kid not to
run in the street because he might get run over by a car, he will avoid
more than just the street.
    Throw a bone here, guys.

--
--Michael Hast  (the evyl robot)
I'm not picking my nose.  I'm pulling things out of it.