Re: [SLUG] linksys and ip address.

From: Eric A. Hicks (lugmail@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Sat Feb 04 2006 - 02:00:46 EST

William Coulter wrote:
> However, I have found a way to resolve this issue but I don't like it. What I do is, I have to
> turn off the pcs and the router and then wait for a minute and turn on the router and then the pc
> of my choice. This is very, very anoying and it has come more often recently. I hope that I have
> given you enough info to help.

I'm not trying to insult your intelligence, but it sounds like you're
having the same problem I used to have when I wasn't using a router...
just the cable modem with several computers. The cable modem will only
allow 1 MAC address to be connected at a time. To fire up another PC
with a different MAC address, you had to power cycle the cable modem.

Is this what's happening? Have you gotten both PCs to run at the same
time? If so, I'm barking up the wrong tree... however, if you have been
unable to get both PCs working at the same time, maybe your router is
acting like a hub instead of a router. Just a thought.

Otherwise, it sounds like a router issue... try setting it back to
defaults and see what happens.