Re: [SLUG] Basic SAMBA Configuration

From: SOTL (sotl155360@earthlink.net)
Date: Wed Feb 15 2006 - 06:59:55 EST

Hi All

I must apologize.

I composed this posting 2 days after I did the test.

I did not get around to transferring the files to my laptop until last night
just before I made this posting. I had so many issues making the file
transfers from the test computers and was so pressed for time I did not read
the smppasswd files.

This being SuSE this should not supprise anyone but these are NOT the
smppasswd files I had 2 days before when I was doing the setup.

For those not in the know one of the big advantages of SuSE is that it
monitors setup files and restores them if they have been corrupted. This
means that all changes have to be done through the GUI or suseconf must be
ran after the changes to record the changes. The idea is similar to kudzu
another setup program that will do basically the same thing.

Any these are not the two files I was working with.

Thanks
SOTL