Re: [SLUG] Parent monitoring software for linux?

From: Larry Brown (larry.brown@dimensionnetworks.com)
Date: Mon Feb 20 2006 - 23:49:32 EST

Thanks guys for the assistance. I was having problems getting aimsniff
running and found msgsnarf. It was worse trying to get it to build
until I found someone had created a binary rpm for Suse which is the
target system. I've installed it but it does not seem to be picking the
aim traffic up. The documentation is poor and it does not look like
anyone is continuing development etc on it. I know that the output of
one of the other binaries in the package dsniff says its output file is
in the Berkeley DB format. I'm thinking maybe msgsnarf isn't outputting
to stout and there is some output file somewhere. Haven't found it yet.
:0

Ethereal is seeing the traffic just fine so I would be surprised if
msgsnarf would be failing... IE it isn't an encrypted connection or
anything.

Larry