Re: [SLUG] SUSE Linux 10.1 beta 4

From: Robert Snyder (res03q8w@gte.net)
Date: Tue Feb 21 2006 - 11:22:11 EST

steve szmidt wrote:
> On Tuesday 21 February 2006 08:27, Robert Snyder wrote:
>
>> I was in a barnes and noble last night and saw the special edition of Linux
>> Format : Open Suse Edition for the low low low price of 20.00 dollars. 20
>> dollars for something I can download for free very interesting.
>>

> It sounds like you are unhappy with the option of buying a ready made CD, at a
> very low price at that. Besides, it's alway nice to put something back
> towards those that help you get something for free. Even though I've not
> needed installation support for the last ten years I still buy a full copy
> every now and then to contribute back to those who help me get it for free.

I am all up for paying for it if the money was not going into linux
format's pocket. 20 dollars for magizine just because it has open suse
cds. Sorry but it there was a sticker or notice saying that the price
of the mag went to xyz open source project that would be one thing. But
Just another mag trying to make money ..... I am not up for corporate
greed. Personally I am in a huge supporter of the Open Suse Project and
Novell.... As Novell from was a big supporter of both the tampa and
sarasota/bradenton Software Freedom Day events. Speaking of which I
need to get back to plan the one for this year.

In favor of Supporting Opensource projects with money.

Not in favor of supporting less than favorable magazines greed.