Re: [SLUG] Brighthouse speed upgrade

From: Steven Buehler (swbuehler@gmail.com)
Date: Wed Feb 22 2006 - 20:20:57 EST

The following is from the Tampa Bay Bright House site:

"Residential customers of Road Runner High Speed Online and customers
using other ISPs provided by Bright House Networks – including
EarthLink High Speed Internet, Internet Junction and AOL for Broadband
– will enjoy a maximum download speed of 7 megabits per second (mbps).
The maximum upload speed, the rate at which e-mail and digital files
can be sent, is 512 kilobits per second (kbps). Those speeds are
increasing from maximum downloads of 5 mbps and uploads of 384 kbps."

If you have one of their combo packages, you have the option ot
upgrading to either 10 or 15 Mbps for a small additional charge
(something like $10 more per month).

On 2/22/06, Branko <kozmo2k@gmail.com> wrote:
> Branko wrote:
> > Steven Buehler wrote:
> >
> >> I remember then bumping it up from 3 Mbps to 5 Mbps last year when
> >> Verizon started rolling out FIOS in Tampa.
> >>
> >> I just checked mine here outside Lakeland (almost in Mulberry) through
> >> the DSLReports speed checker and it's 4487 Kbps down with my wife on
> >> our CallVantage phone.
> >>
> >> On 2/22/06, *Richard Morgan* <rmorgan@heavysystems.com
> >> <mailto:rmorgan@heavysystems.com>> wrote:
> >>
> >> Has anyone else noticed a speed upgrade in their Brighthouse cable
> >> connection?
> >> I'm getting twice the bandwidth now. For once, Brighthouse has
> >> done something
> >> right...
> >>
> >> -RM
> >>

> > I noticed my RR (in Port Richey) being a little (or more than a little)
> > faster today, too. So I ran DSLreports, and got 5169/475 kbps. That's
> > faster than my last test : 12/23/05 4663/353 kbps. It seems like
> > another jump, since last increase last summer.
> >
> > ./B
> >

> And here is more on that:
> http://cfl.mybrighthouse.com/about/newsroom/pressreldetails.aspx?NewsId=587
>
> ./B

Steven Buehler | swbuehler@gmail.com
Web Site: http://homepage.mac.com/swbuehler | Mobile Blog:
http://swbuehler.textamerica.com
IM: stevenbuehlerfl (AIM), stevenwbuehler (Yahoo!),
stevenwbuehler@msn.com (MSN), 3565750 (ICQ)