Re: [SLUG] High performance Linux clustering

From: Levi Bard (taktaktaktaktaktaktaktaktaktak@gmail.com)
Date: Thu Feb 23 2006 - 11:08:16 EST

On 2/23/06, Richard Morgan <rmorgan@heavysystems.com> wrote:
> Does anyone have any experience setting up a Linux cluster to be used for number
> crunching, biomedical research, simulations, modeling?

Back in the day, I set up a cluster of 386s (gasp!) for
performance-testing mosix(before it got forked into openmosix) vs pvm.
 For most tasks that we tested, it was more efficient to use mosix and
spawn worker processes as needed than to pvmify the software and run
it that way, even if you discount the overhead of pvmifying the
software and setting up the pvm master/slave relationships.

I have no idea if any of this is relevant ;-)

--
Debianista!