Re: [SLUG] kernel version?

From: steve szmidt (steve@szmidt.org)
Date: Tue Feb 28 2006 - 05:40:59 EST

What does impress me is how he handles problems. The clarity to see straight
through the noise and announce the best solution. I've followed a lot of the
interviews and read many of his kernel posts and am very impressed how he
handles things.

You can expect an honest and salient reply from him. He's not a mouse that's
for sure. The guy can calmly face down an angry mob and without an angry word
announce the best solution, and then get it done.

If you study his lifestyle and just observe how his life looks like you can
see that he has a well balanced life without the extremes that someone in his
position often has. He is very down to earth and considers himself a simple
person. Complexity, by the way, is something people add to try to feel more
important or valuable. Life is however very simple. It's only when you don't
understand that things appear to be complex.

He is very well grounded and stays true to himself, lots of integrity.

Those observations are what impresses me most about him. Not his code. That's
not to say that does not impress me, it does, but I know people, and he has
some of the best traits I would ask in a person.

Whenever you get someone competent and honest, there are always people who
feel threatend and will try to take him down a notch or two. Those people try
that because of what they themselves have done. They worry that the skeletons
hanging in their own closets, will be revealed by this person. It's quite
facinating to see close up. Grown men threatening to beat up a small kid
because he has a good work ethic for example. (Yeah, the big men did not have
a good work ethic and were afraid they would be found out.)

The mob mentality always has a non optimum solution in mind. It's more
destructive than constructive and lack all the abilities to observe what's
actually going on.

> just a fancy way of saying crazy. He is obviously brilliant, but I
> think he's just a touch coo-coo. Sometimes I think that ingenuity
> breeds insanity--which many people get confused. I know that if
> thoughts could kill, I would like to see him in the ring with Bill, but
> that man is one beer short of a six-pack. That's just my $.02.

What specificly are you referring to? What crazy things have you observed, or
deduced that from? I'm surpriced, but happy, that he's so pro-survival in his
actions. So I'm curious to see what crazy things you are talking about.

--

Steve Szmidt

"For evil to triumph all that is needed is for good men to do nothing. Edmund Burke ----------------------------------------------------------------------- This list is provided as an unmoderated internet service by Networked Knowledge Systems (NKS). Views and opinions expressed in messages posted are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of NKS or any of its employees.