[SLUG] Dylan's Home

From: Dylan Hardison (dylanwh@gmail.com)
Date: Sun Mar 05 2006 - 00:35:36 EST

It's been a fair bit since I posted anything but Mintutes of the Meeting,
and even the most recent of that is a while ago.

I return in a manner similar to this flash video:
http://bd.beginyourfear.com/~bdonlan/flash/DadsHome.swf

Since I was in fact summoned by the sheer volume of uninteresting posts
to the happy beaver-infested discussions of yore, I hereby argue with myself
that it is immoral to use non-free software on linux (flash).
I counter that argument with:
 some flash videos bring great joy and laughter.
I counter that with: the fact that only the Amish laugh.
I counter my counter with: we all live in an Amish Submarine.

Now that I have explored all avenues of non-productive responses, we
can have some linux/free software-related (or beaver-related) happy
discussions.

Now, as you are all aware, we live in an Amish Submarine.
The Amish are not known for their advanced technology[1],
so this is not very safe. We must either find a way to escape,
or improve the situation.

I have a proposal that would help with either situation.
We affix a cybernetic exo-skeleton to comrade Paul.
Using our cybernetic Paul (or Optimus Paul), who will be controlled by
a comitte of my choosing, we (or I) can use him to repair the Amish
Submarine that we live in, and also help build an escape craft.

In fact, we could eventually expand Optimus Paul with extra
compartments, and use him as our escape craft. Then we would all live
in Optimus Paul, which is a lot safer than an Amish Sub.

Of course, we should also equipe Optimus Paul with fully automatic
machine guns. These would be used to protect the kingdom of Slugadonia
and for my own personal amusement.

Another idea would be to reduce the amount of hot air.
Hot air, generated by flame wars, greatly degrades the integrity of
our Amish Submarine. If the emission of hot air is reduced, we will
not have to cybernetically enhance Paul.

I think this would be a bad idea, as I really want a fighting cyborg
under my control.

[1] Unlike the Space Amish on Stargate: Atlantis. But then, the
regular Amish don't have to deal with Space Vampires.