[SLUG] What CEOs use for e-mail

From: Steven Buehler (swbuehler@gmail.com)
Date: Sat Mar 11 2006 - 12:34:07 EST

CNN/Money has an interesting article on how executives say on top of
things. One of the interviews is with Marissa Mayer, VP, Search
Products and User Experience at Google. Interesting what she uses for
e-mail:

"I don't feel overwhelmed with information. I really like it. I use
Gmail for my personal e-mail -- 15 to 20 e-mails a day -- but on my
work e-mail I get as many as 700 to 800 a day, so I need something
really fast.

I use an e-mail application called Pine, a Linux-based utility I
started using in college. It's a very simple text-based mailer in a
crunchy little terminal window with Courier fonts. I do marathon
e-mail catch-up sessions, sometimes on a Saturday or Sunday. I'll just
sit down and do e-mail for ten to 14 hours straight. I almost always
have the radio or my TV on. I guess I'm a typical 25- to 35-year-old
who's now really embracing the two-screen experience."

See http://money.cnn.com/2006/03/02/news/newsmakers/howiwork_fortune_032006/index.htm
and then click on the gallery link.

SWB