Re: [SLUG] Linus interview

From: Levi Bard (taktaktaktaktaktaktaktaktaktak@gmail.com)
Date: Tue Mar 14 2006 - 10:55:41 EST

On 3/13/06, Larry Brown <larry.brown@dimensionnetworks.com> wrote:
> Based on what I've read here... So tomorrow M$ and some group of
> companies decide to put code encrypted on all motherboards that accesses
> the Ethernet card directly and sends encrypted IP traffic once the unit
> is up and the card has an address. OK, now the other motherboard
> manufacturers fall in line due to financial constraints and we have big
> brother running on our machines. Does this mean that I can't load my
> GPLv3 software on this hardware?

No. What it means is that M$ and that group of companies have to
write their encrypted spyware from scratch and not use any GPLv3 code
to help them write it more quickly and make it more stable. It
doesn't mean anything about what software can be installed on what
hardware.

--
Tcsh: Now with higher FPS!