Re: [SLUG] WEP key generator.

From: Chris Mathey (slug@mathey.org)
Date: Tue Mar 14 2006 - 11:55:48 EST

William Coulter wrote:
> If I am using wireless access should I be using WEP to help in securing the access. If not, then
> what should I use? What do you use to create the key? I am just curious.
>
> William

> http://mail.yahoo.com

You should use WPA as it is more secure than WEP. If your hardware
doesn't support it, check to see if you can update your 802.11 card
drivers and your wireless access point code. As far as the password you
  should create a long password comprising of alpha\numeric characters.

You can also enable MAC address security. You have to enter the hardware
address of any wireless cards that will access the network. Personally I
only use WPA with TKIP w\o MAC filtering. MAC filtering is a pain for me
as I don't want to mess with the access point every time a friend comes
over with laptop. I realize im probably opening a can of worms here but
I am just not that paranoid ;)

Regards,
Chris