[SLUG] Ubuntu Upgrade issues

From: Keith Lelacheur (themercuryman@gmail.com)
Date: Tue Mar 14 2006 - 14:43:51 EST

So I think I went and did a foolish thing, but usually thats how I learn the
best lessons. I saw the Xgl/Copwiz video and wanted to play with it, so
against all better judgement I tried to do the "Dapper Drake" Ubuntu
Upgrade. I was warned that "....a few things might not work and I am not
responsible...." I was able to fight through a lot of the oddities that
presented themselves after the upgrade, but I still have a few issues. One
is the whole NVIDIA accelerated driver thing. I see the kernal driver
not as snappy as it was before the upgrade a lot of my fonts look terrible
(sort of squished) and most importantly I do not get the nice little nvidia
splash screen before X starts. I tried to use synaptic to reload NVidia-glx
stuff, but I might be missing something. Another issue is that I had
defined a smb mount in my fstab that worked great before the upgrade. Now
it seems like it is trying to load too early in the boot process. It fails
and then I have to manually mount it after the system is up. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Keith