[SLUG] Re: Ubuntu Upgrade issues

From: Keith Lelacheur (themercuryman@gmail.com)
Date: Tue Mar 14 2006 - 15:58:02 EST

I replaced the "NV" with "nvidia" and x refused to load. I am curious
if it has to do with the kernal mode drivers. I thing in "breezy" the
kernal was 2.6.12-9-386 and now I am booting 2.6.15-18-386 with
"dapper". If that is the case, do I need to load the kernal sources
and then recompile a kernal with the nvidia source?