Re: [SLUG] WEP key generator.

From: Bob Foxworth (rfoxwor1@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Tue Mar 14 2006 - 16:16:17 EST

> > You can also enable MAC address security. You have to enter the
hardware
> > address of any wireless cards that will access the network.
Personally I
> > only use WPA with TKIP w\o MAC filtering. MAC filtering is a pain
for me
> > as I don't want to mess with the access point every time a friend
comes
> > over with laptop. I realize im probably opening a can of worms here
but
> > I am just not that paranoid ;)
> >
> > Regards,
> > Chris
>
> Why be paranoid? There's far better networks to get into, no security
at
> all! :-) See the Tribune article from Saturday, March 11.
>
> Russell

The best security through obscurity is the Trib running that
article on Saturday, arguably the day of the week with the
least newspaper readership.

BTW I know Joe T, he gives an interesting talk at events
such as InfraGard.

Speaking of obscurity, this is the week of spring break
and the HCC campus is closed. I don't recall if an accommodation
was made for the meeting room access for tonight.

- Bob