Re: [SLUG] XMMS and song titles

From: Eben King (eben1@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Sat Mar 18 2006 - 15:58:48 EST

On Thu, 16 Mar 2006, Levi Bard wrote:

>> Found out why:
>>
>> http://groups.google.com/group/linux.debian.bugs.dist/msg/abed59733bd602b3
>
> Very nice. Maybe that's part of a new free software development
> strategy: Document features your software doesn't actually have, then
> people who want or need the feature will implement it to your
> specification.

http://wiki.xmms2.xmms.se/index.php/Download_XMMS2 says (for Ubuntu 5.10,
which I run):

,--
| Add the following line to your /etc/apt/sources.list (same line as debian
| above):
|
| deb http://exodus.xmms.se/debian stable main
'--

But when I do, synaptic says:

,--
| W: Couldn't stat source package list http://exodus.xmms.se stable/main
| Packages
| (/var/lib/apt/lists/exodus.xmms.se_debian_dists_stable_main_binary-i386_Packages)
| - stat (2 No such file or directory)
'--

What, do I need to create that long dir name by hand? Shouldn't it do
that?

  --
-eben ebQenW1@EtaRmpTabYayU.rIr.OcoPm home.tampabay.rr.com/hactar

           Q: What kind of modem did Jimi Hendrix use?
           A: A purple Hayes.