Re: [SLUG] Godaddy.com switch to MS

From: Mavrick (icebergwaltz@gmail.com)
Date: Mon Mar 27 2006 - 09:10:19 EST

On 3/25/06, Jason Boxman <jasonb@edseek.com> wrote:

> On Saturday 25 March 2006 00:15, Robert Snyder wrote:
> > sometimes the linux solution is not always the right solution.
> >
> > There are times where the microsoft or other commerical software package
> > vendor package more closely fits the needs of the company. Now the
> press
> > release reads full of MS - BS but what can I say it is what it is. Only
> > godady can tell us why but they have not seem to made a comment on the
> > extact reason why.
>
> The obvious reason: Money.
>
> --
>
> Jason Boxman
> http://edseek.com/ - Linux and FOSS stuff

I agree. Has anyone ever heard of a golden parachute? I think the only
type of parachute the Linux community can offer would be made out of
something a little less expensive. Obviously, not very desirable amongst
the GoDaddy execs. Linux may not have been the "right" solution, but I'm
sure it wasn't because the software was lacking in any way.

Mav