Re: [SLUG] 10,000 bugs away from World Domination

From: Richard Morgan (rmorgan@heavysystems.com)
Date: Mon Apr 17 2006 - 14:07:54 EDT

Quoting Robert Snyder <robertsnyder@gmail.com>:

> I read the article and found it refreshing to see a unbias look at
> both sides.

Very refreshing! It has confirmed what I've honestly felt for the last 24
months. I was just discussing the other day how superior Linux is with
hardware detection and drivers. Think about it - when was the last time you
installed binary drivers for something? The only things I need drivers
for are
my video card and my wireless card for my laptop. Linux automatically sets up
everything else for me. But under Windows when I do a fresh install, I
have to
install video drivers, sound drivers, touchpad drivers, networking drivers,
printer drivers, motherboard chipset drivers, modem drivers (for software and
hardware modems), etc...

Linux really has come of age and the new upcoming KDE 4 is really going
to give
Windows and MacOS X some serious competition.

Now, if we could just get all video game makers to use OpenGL...