Re: [SLUG] [PIG] Writing checks from PHP

From: steve szmidt (steve@szmidt.org)
Date: Thu Apr 27 2006 - 11:44:24 EDT

On Thursday 27 April 2006 11:33, Paul M Foster wrote:
> Okay, here's (what I consider) an interesting programming problem. The
> idea would be to generate a check in your browser screen, and be able to
> print the screen and get a check on your own check forms (8-1/2x11). The
> screen would look just like your check, except for your company name,
> MICR printing, etc. Everything exactly where it would be when you print
> it on your checks (from NEBS or whoever).
>
> PHP is the language of choice here. But PHP has no ability to place
> screen objects at a certain position on the screen. Most likely, you'd
> have to have everything surrounded by the <PRE> tag, so it should print
> exactly what you want where you want it (assuming Courier or some
> similar font).
>
> Here's the other snag: the screen coordinates (line and column) for each
> part of the check (payee, date, etc.) are in a PostgreSQL database. This
> is so the user can configure the check depending on who he bought his
> checks from.
>
> I'm working on this myself, but since we've got programmers wanting to
> geek out, I thought I'd give everyone else a shot. Might be interesting.
>
> Paul

Generate a pdf doc from php.

--

Steve Szmidt

"To enjoy the right of political self-government, men must be capable of personal self-government - the virtue of self-control. A people without decency cannot be secure in its liberty. From the Declaration Principles ----------------------------------------------------------------------- This list is provided as an unmoderated internet service by Networked Knowledge Systems (NKS). Views and opinions expressed in messages posted are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of NKS or any of its employees.