Re: [SLUG] OT: openoffice.org and file converting.

From: Russell Hires (rhires@earthlink.net)
Date: Wed May 03 2006 - 09:00:42 EDT

On Wed, 2006-05-03 at 05:52 -0700, William Coulter wrote:
> This is off topic because it is a Mac question with windows.
>
> My question is my friend has an old Mac. I believe that he made all his documents in ether apple
> works or clairs(sp) works. Is there a version of openoffice that would run in os9.2?

No! There isn't even a version that runs (well) in OS X. There are
versions that run in something called fink for OS X. I believe that fink
allows for X windows to run in OS X. Yeah, it frustrates me a bit. :-)

> What I was
> thinking of doing was to convert his files from appleworks or clairsworks to openoffice.

Really, then he should save his docs as .rtf or something like that. If
you want to keep formatting and such, you can save as Word 5.-ish...I
think...Then have OOo do its thing and read those files. It would be the
same process if he had MS Office. Though there is an MS Office version
for OS 9. :-|

Russell