Re: [SLUG] gnucash

From: Levi Bard (taktaktaktaktaktaktaktaktaktak@gmail.com)
Date: Fri May 05 2006 - 08:47:20 EDT

> Do any of you guys have any experience with gnucash or any other
> accounting-type free and free software? Also, does any of you know what
> the hardware requirements are to run gnucash? I've just installed it on
> Debian 3.1, Kernel 2.6 with KDE on a 350MH PII with 192MB ram. When I
> go to start gnucash, it makes the icon bounce, brings up the little
> window that indicates that it is loading, and then farts. The app stops
> as if I had never tried to start it. I let the computer sit there for a
> long time thinking that it would just load slow on hardware that aged,
> but it would not come up at all. Any insight? Thanks.

I used to run it on a ppro/200 with 32M. Of course, that was several
years ago, and the gnucash installation process was what originally
drove me away from slackware (7.something).

I agree with the recommendation to run it in a terminal and look for
suspicious output.

--
Tcsh: Now with higher FPS!
http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/shouldbefree.html