Re: [SLUG] Firefox

From: Ian C. Blenke (icblenke@nks.net)
Date: Wed May 10 2006 - 20:02:07 EDT

Eben King wrote:
> On Wed, 10 May 2006, Ian C. Blenke wrote:
>
>> Eben King wrote:
>>
>>> Since my computer runs Ubuntu, this is version 1.0. (Is there an
>>> upgrade that doesn't involve too much mucking about in the OS innards?)
>>
>> I'm running Ubuntu breezy on an amd64 box.
>>
>> Most of my browsing now is using a 32bit Firefox 1.5.0.3 (for flash,
>> etc).
>>
>> What version of Firefox are you running?
>
> 1.0.7
>
>> Does upgrading help?
>
> I see only an upgrade to 1.0.8 available. Where do you get the more
> recent one?
Manually, following the wiki:

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/FirefoxAMD64FlashJava

I also suggest easybreezy/easyubuntu for simple java/flash plugin
installation (and various other painless desktop enhancements):

http://easybreezy.robotgeek.org/
http://easyubuntu.freecontrib.org

I have the following firefox plugins installed:

- Java 1.5.0_06
- Flash 7.0r63
- VLC 0.8.4-test1 Janus

I have numerous firefox extensions installed:

- DOM Inspector 1.8.0.3
- Mozilla Calendar 0.2.0.20060116
- Live HTTP Headers 0.12
- Editcss 0.35