Re: [SLUG] SUSE 10.1 Release

From: S0TL (s0tl155360@earthlink.net)
Date: Fri May 12 2006 - 07:59:04 EDT

On Friday 12 May 2006 12:27 am, Richard Smoot wrote:
> Has anyone been able to download the 10.1 full release CD's?
>
> I have tried several times thru the day and have never gotten much
> past 107mb without the dl stalling.
>
> Richard Smoot

There is a notice on their website, I forget the exact wording, which
translates into they have been SlashDoted.

Experience has shown that best time for download will be after 5:00 PST
[8:00PM or 20:00 EST] on a Friday Night. Next best time is Saturday night
starting around the same time and continuing through Sunday morning until
about 10:00 EST. Next best time is Sunday night.

The following Monday usually starting around 7:00 AM until 8:00 PM and
continuing through Wednesday or Thursday is usually goes from impossible to
bad with weekday nights speeds acceptable on the sending end but cloggage on
the local scene unless you are located in a commercial area.

Frank