Re: [SLUG] Interesting Citrix problem

From: Tom Suzda (tsuzda@verizon.net)
Date: Sat May 13 2006 - 18:27:01 EDT

On Saturday 13 May 2006 4:25 pm, you wrote:
> On Saturday 13 May 2006 07:18, Tom Suzda wrote:
> > > With Citrix I think you can tell it to print locally.
> >
> > After playing with it a little, and talking with her at her office,
> > she already shares her printer, but I don't see it at home on
> > Citrix.
>
> Are you using the Citrix web interface?
>
> Yep I now see the problem:
>
> Printing usually requires that the printer drivers on users'
> computers are known to all the Citrix Servers.
>
> I did however found these which might apply:
>
> http://www.resortdata.com/customers/Knowledge/KB-DOS/K000179.htm
> http://portal.srz.com/Printing.htm
> http://66.102.7.104/search?q=cache:OdFFrEs8YMwJ:www.tricerat.com/pdf/
>screwdriversVSthinprint.pdf+remote+printing+with+citrix+screwdriver+&h
>l=en&gl=us&ct=clnk&cd=1&lr=lang_en
> http://www.tricerat.com/support/docs/sdv3help/v3contents.html

Yep, using the web interface.

Thanks for the info. the last two links, I have already reviewed. Of
course, to throw a monkey wrench into this, my HP Laserjet is networked
on the network at home. I know printing works under windows, because I
installed the Simply Printing client on my laptop to see if there was
anything I was missing or could use, and it finds the printer in it's
installation.

My main goal now is pursuing running it all under WINE. I'm still having
a problem launching the apps with a 128-bit SSL not detected. I'll work
on that tomorrow.