Re: [SLUG] Oopps Linux not supported

From: Chuck Hast (wchast@gmail.com)
Date: Thu May 18 2006 - 00:39:25 EDT

On 5/18/06, Jason Boxman <jasonb@edseek.com> wrote:
> On Thursday 18 May 2006 00:25, Chuck Hast wrote:
> > Folks,
> > I guess I screwed up, I was trying to find a old movie for my wife to
> > download I found it on Kazaa, and of course when I investigated the web
> > site told me I needed to pay...
>
> You need to pay to download stuff from the FastTrack p2p network?
>
> That's news to me.
>
> What Web site told you to pay?

I did a google on sinbad movies, most of the sites sold or rented DVD's
I was looking for a site to download the things, I do not mind paying a
reasonble price and do not want to take something that should be paid
for anyhow, so I stumbled on the following site:

http://www.kazaagold-movies.com/movies/indexPPC.php

As you can see on the page they talk a bit about the different service
offerings, when I klicked on the movie of interest I was taken to a page
that told me that I needed to join, it gave a 2 year sub or a one time
payment sub, I figured that I would take the 1 time payment and not
worry about it again. So I gave them the pertinent info and stepped
through until I got to where it said I was a Kazaa Gold member and
could now download the software (that is where it first said something
about software) and it showed only two offerings, as pointed oout
in my previous message.

--
Chuck Hast  -- KP4DJT --
To paraphrase my flight instructor;