Re: [SLUG] [PIG] me vs Borland

From: Jason Copenhaver (jcopenha@typedef.org)
Date: Sun Jun 04 2006 - 14:15:09 EDT

On Sun, 2006-06-04 at 11:42 -0400, Eben King wrote:
> So I've got this project. It's due Wednesday, and is supposed to be
> something we can do in a day or two. Yeah right, if you know what you're
> doing -- I've already worked on it for most of a week, and am unable to fix
> a bug. Things about "it's your homework -- YOU do it" go to /dev/null.
>
> It's in that _other_ OS by decree, but I'm hoping it isn't too far off the
> charter. I'm using "Borland C++ 5.5.1 for Win32 Copyright (c) 1993, 2000
> Borland". If I'd ever done cross-compilation before, I'd consider using
> g++...
>
> When I issue "bcc32 -P Complex.cpp main.cpp", I get these errors:
>
> Complex.cpp:
> Error E2293 Complex.hpp 16: ) expected
> Error E2147 Complex.cpp 53: 'istream' cannot start a parameter declaration
> Error E2316 Complex.cpp 53: 'Complex::Extract(int &)' is not a member of 'Complex'
> Error E2040 Complex.cpp 54: Declaration terminated incorrectly
> *** 4 errors in Compile ***
> main.cpp:
> Error E2451 main.cpp 12: Undefined symbol 'Complex' in function main()
> Error E2379 main.cpp 12: Statement missing ; in function main()
> *** 2 errors in Compile ***
>
> These errors go away (and I get a successful compile) if I take out the
> "Extract" line from the .hpp file and the associated function from
> Complex.cpp. What do the first few errors mean? I can't figure out what
> it's complaining about.
>
> The code and error log are here:
>
> http://royalty.no-ip.org:81/Complex-20060604-1109.tar.gz

I would normally be happy to give some tips here but I can't seem to
download the file from that link. A really good place for this type of
help is www.pastebin.com . It let's you post your code for other people
to read and comment on, you should really check it out for programming
help like this.

Jason