Re: [SLUG] [PIG] me vs Borland

From: Dylan William Hardison (dylan@hardison.net)
Date: Mon Jun 05 2006 - 00:02:33 EDT

Spake Eben King on Sunday, June 04, 2006 at 11:29PM -0400:
> On Sun, 4 Jun 2006, Dylan William Hardison wrote:
>
> >Spake Eben King on Sunday, June 04, 2006 at 11:42AM -0400:
> >>So I've got this project. It's due Wednesday, and is supposed to be
> >>something we can do in a day or two. Yeah right, if you know what you're
> >>doing -- I've already worked on it for most of a week, and am unable to
> >>fix
> >>a bug. Things about "it's your homework -- YOU do it" go to /dev/null.
> >>
> >>It's in that _other_ OS by decree, but I'm hoping it isn't too far off the
> >>charter. I'm using "Borland C++ 5.5.1 for Win32 Copyright (c) 1993, 2000
> >>Borland". If I'd ever done cross-compilation before, I'd consider using
> >>g++...
> >
> >I've fixed the code so it compiles with g++ -Wall -std=c++98 -pedantic.
> >Hope it works in Borland.
>
> Thanks. The TA had responded (somehow his messages got sent to the "spam"
> folder), and (possibly among other things) I had not put "()" on the end of
> methods, and had an extraneous semicolon.
>
> >Now, help that is specific to Borland, or the Win32 API, etc, would be
> >off topic for PIG, as Borland is not free software.
>
> Sure it is. They have a free version; that's what I'm using.
>
> http://www.borland.com/products/downloads/download_cbuilder.html
>
> Third one down.

``Free software'' is a matter of liberty, not price. To understand the concept,
you should think of ``free'' as in ``free speech,'' not as in ``free beer.''

Free software is a matter of the users' freedom to run, copy, distribute,
study, change and improve the software. More precisely, it refers to four kinds
of freedom, for the users of the software:

* The freedom to run the program, for any purpose (freedom 0).
* The freedom to study how the program works, and adapt it to your needs
  (freedom 1). Access to the source code is a precondition for this.
* The freedom to redistribute copies so you can help your neighbor (freedom 2).
* The freedom to improve the program, and release your improvements to the
  public, so that the whole community benefits (freedom 3). Access to the source
  code is a precondition for this.

--
"Looking you will find, find your will to find. Searching for something.
Searching for something. Find your will to find."