Re: [SLUG] spamassassin installation

From: Eben King (eben01@verizon.net)
Date: Thu Jun 08 2006 - 15:44:41 EDT

On Thu, 8 Jun 2006, Kwan Lowe wrote:

>> I set up and trained SA on my machine:
>>
>> eben@pc:~$ sa-learn --backup | head
>> v 3 db_version # this must be the first line!!!
>> v 386 num_spam
>> v 942 num_nonspam
>>
>> But it seems not to scan some messages, which I don't understand.
>>
>> Here are the headers of a SLUG message, which it did scan (not the
>> "X-Spam-Status" header):
>
> If you're using the standalone client (versus the daemon), make sure that
> your procmail pushes mail through spamassassin before other rules for
> filtering newsgroups.

Like this?

eben@pc:~$ cat .procmailrc
# SpamAssassin sample procmailrc
#
# Pipe the mail through spamassassin (replace 'spamassassin' with 'spamc'
# if you use the spamc/spamd combination)
#
# The condition line ensures that only messages smaller than 250 kB
# (250 * 1024 = 256000 bytes) are processed by SpamAssassin. Most spam
# isn't bigger than a few k and working with big messages can bring
# SpamAssassin to its knees.
#
# The lock file ensures that only 1 spamassassin invocation happens
# at 1 time, to keep the load down.
#
:0fw: spamassassin.lock
* < 256000
| spamassassin -D rulesrun=255

-eben    QebWenE01R@vTerYizUonI.nOetP    http://royalty.no-ip.org:81
SAGITTARIUS:  All your friends are laughing behind your back... kill
them.  Take down all those naked pictures of Ernest Borgnine you've
go thanging in your den.  -- Weird Al, _Your Horoscope for Today_