Re: [SLUG] Novell names new CEO

From: Daniel Jarboe (daniel.jarboe@gmail.com)
Date: Thu Jun 22 2006 - 17:20:02 EDT

On 6/22/06, Levi Bard <taktaktaktaktaktaktaktaktaktak@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Novell announced today that Jack Messman and CFO Joe Tibbets have left
> > the company and Ron Hovsepian has replaced Jack as CEO.
>
> Any word on how this is going to affect Novell's involvement with Free Software?

"I want to assure you that Novell will remain focused on aggressively
executing our Open Enterprise strategy. This is an enterprise that
leverages a mixed source environment and takes advantage of open
standards-based commercial software and the best the open source world
has to offer. We have already made an excellent start. We're working
with customers around the world that service multiple industries and
institutions to ensure that our Open Enterprise strategy is customized
to meet their needs. "

is the blurb in the announcement we received in an email (addressed as
from Ron Hovsepian) to Novell customers. Again, not as complete an
answer as many would hope for, but acknowledgement that open standards
and utilizing open source software will remain core to their business
direction, which says as much as could be expected considering the
context (<20 sentences in the whole email about the CEO / board
changes and thanking the prevs for their dedication/service etc etc).

~ Daniel