[SLUG] SuSE Linux Enterprise 10 Audiovisual Help

From: steve szmidt (steve@szmidt.org)
Date: Tue Jul 11 2006 - 19:54:51 EDT

As many of you probably did, I read the review of the above and was very
impressed. I got these people who I have put on Linux and I like to be able
to get away from some of the hand holding.

So I downloaded and installed SLED10, which is still a release candidate but
it's #3 (RC3) so it is no doubt close to shipping.

One of the nice things is the help system. It actually has audiovisual help
walking you through how to add users, do email etc.

It's preloaded with mp3 support and the like.

The menu is not multi level where you hunt around, it's one big meny sectioned
off, and color coded, for each topic and very clear to a novice.

I'm sooo looing forward to see how this one particular user will take to it.
I'm going to make him buy it ($50) when it ships, so he get's the support
that comes with it.

Muuhaaa!

Meanwhile it IS a slick release. All my h/w worked out of the box. I'm going
to install KDE on it now and see how well that works.
-

--

Steve Szmidt

"To enjoy the right of political self-government, men must be capable of personal self-government - the virtue of self-control. A people without decency cannot be secure in its liberty. From the Declaration Principles ----------------------------------------------------------------------- This list is provided as an unmoderated internet service by Networked Knowledge Systems (NKS). Views and opinions expressed in messages posted are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of NKS or any of its employees.