Re: [SLUG] FS errors

From: Eben King (eben01@verizon.net)
Date: Wed Jul 19 2006 - 11:13:15 EDT

On Wed, 19 Jul 2006, Levi Bard wrote:

> I lost data twice (I was overly optimistic) to Reiser3, and as a
> result have not touched future versions. I almost certainly won't
> until:
> 1) It's incorporated into the vanilla kernel

That it is:

eben@pc:~$ grep -i reiser /usr/src/linux-2.6.15.1/.config
CONFIG_REISERFS_FS=m
# CONFIG_REISERFS_CHECK is not set
CONFIG_REISERFS_PROC_INFO=y
# CONFIG_REISERFS_FS_XATTR is not set

> 2) It gives me a compelling reason to use it over other FSs, particularly
> ext3

Can't help you there.

--
-eben     QebWenE01R@vTerYizUonI.nOetP     royalty.no-ip.org:81
Your pretended fear lest error might step in is like the man who