[SLUG] Re: [transcode-users] can't use dvdauthor

From: Bob Stia (rnr@sanctum.com)
Date: Mon Jul 24 2006 - 22:58:04 EDT

On Monday 24 July 2006 11:25, Phil Ehrens wrote:
> BrianO'Keefe wrote:
> > I have finally worked my way to almost creating a dvd from a .avi file.
> > I have transcoded and recombined the files into an Mpeg and now need to
> > use dvdauthor. I'm following the wiki how-to and I have created the DVD
> > directory as well as copied the script to create the dvdauthor.xml file.
> > When I try to run dvdauthor I get:
> >
> > brianokeefe@ubuntu:/media/For_Linux/Movies/DVD$ sudo dvdauthor -x
> > dvdauthor.xml

If this is your command, I don't think it is correct. I believe it should be
(-x dvd.xml) and you don't need a directory. dvdauthor will build one for
you with (dvdauthor -o output -x dvd.xml) Creating the directory output
where your results will be found.

> > Password:
> > DVDAuthor::dvdauthor, version 0.6.11.
> > Build options: gnugetopt magick iconv freetype
> > Send bugs to <dvdauthor-users@lists.sourceforge.net>
> >
> > ERR: Unable to open XML file dvdauthor.xml

Did you create your dvd.xml file correctly? Post a copy of your dvd.xml file

Bob S.