Re: [SLUG] freespire

From: xcalibre (xcalibre@mindspring.com)
Date: Sun Jul 30 2006 - 10:34:48 EDT

If you run Freespire live it's sloooowww took almost 2 minutes to load on a AMD Athlon 64 3000+ with 1.5 gigs of ram, ATI Xt800 Special Edition Radeon with 512 megs Ram, Lite On 52x CDR 16X DVDR.

I noticed it actually had a few cool things how ever I am not impressed. They have the pieces on it to join their software download service like the Linspire.

As for things loaded on it I did like the idea of seeing that it had VNC on it. So that would be cool for a Remote Data Recovery.

I would still much rather stick with Knoppix, or Kanotix. I don't like the idea of using a 3rd party pay to download stuff that is mostly free.

B.Preece