Re: [SLUG] Favorite Printer OT

From: petetheisen (petetheisen@verizon.net)
Date: Wed Aug 16 2006 - 01:33:14 EDT

Bob Stia wrote:
> What is your favorite printer, and why. Going to replace mine. Just a desktop.
> Doesn't get used that much. Some occasional color photos of garden variety
> stuff. Mostly forms and documents. Prefer parallel to usb.
>
> I have used Epson inkjets for several years and was always satisfied with
> them, until now. The present one is a Stylus C86. It is slow, uses ink in
> prodigious amounts, the heads always need cleaning, and the price of the ink
> is out of sight!! Let alone that sneaky microchip thing they put on the ink
> cartridges.

Hi Bob!

I like the older HP lasers. They "just work" with CUPS and they last
forever. I get them used at this little shop on Mariotti Court, Express
Ink and Paper.

Ink Jets are initially cheap, but the cartridges are the proprietary
cash cow, damned corporate a55holes. Old HP lasers get my vote.

Regards,

Pete