[SLUG] Software Freedom Day IRC Meeting Notes

From: Sick Twist (thesicktwist@hotmail.com)
Date: Tue Aug 22 2006 - 21:04:54 EDT

Tonight at the SFD IRC meeting we talked about what promotional work has
been done so far (press releases and a few flyers distributed) and what
remains to be done: Posting more flyers around the bay area (libraries,
universities, workplaces, etc.), contacting local radio stations that might
express interest in covering the story (WUSF, WMNF, etc.) and posting SFD
details on websites like Craigslist and person blogs.

If you can help with any of these tasks, now is the time to get involved.
SFD will only be a sucess if we work together. As previously mentioned, the
SFD wiki contains all of the details plus promotional material for you to
use:
http://wiki.softwarefreedomday.org/teams/america/USA/FL/Tampa

The next SFD IRC meeting will be next Tuesday, August 29 at 7 p.m. in
#slug.fl on irc.freenode.net. We will discuss plans for our exhibits at MOSI
and MIrta's as well as do a follow-up on how promotion is going. Please join
us at the meeting if you can.

Jonathon