Re: [SLUG] Drive Clone

From: Eben King (eben01@verizon.net)
Date: Mon Aug 28 2006 - 15:30:30 EDT

On Mon, 28 Aug 2006, Levi Bard wrote:

>> Got a 1.8 Gig drive with CentOS and Asterisk installed.
>> (accidentally grabbed the wrong drive)
>>
>> It needs to be on larger drive.
>> What's the SIMPLEST way to do that?
>
> dd if=/dev/olddrive of=/dev/newdrive ?
> Then gparted to expand partition size on newdrive if necessary.

I guess that depends on whether you prefer to have them all proportionally
expanded, or have them all remain the same size and have some extra
partitions. Of course, if you go for "one partition covers the whole disk"
you probably would go for proportional expansion. Obviously that's easier,
which is what you asked.

--
-eben    QebWenE01R@vTerYizUonI.nOetP    http://royalty.no-ip.org:81
SAGITTARIUS:  All your friends are laughing behind your back... kill