Re: [SLUG] Verizon V620 dropping calls in less than a minute

From: Pete Theisen (petetheisen@verizon.net)
Date: Mon Sep 04 2006 - 01:00:56 EDT

On Sunday 03 September 2006 20:34, Robert Snyder wrote:
> Pete
>
> Never Never never post your ESN!!!!!!
>
> Pual can you delete petes message from the Slug Archives for security
> reasons. With that information osne one could clone his card and use his
> service.

Hi Robert!

Dang, then they would be having the exact same problem I am having! What is so
all-fired important about this ESN? Acronyms are confusing, does ESN mean
something that people are too lazy to spell out? It is printed right on the
card. I thought it identified the model or make in some way.

Or maybe that is the trouble? Maybe someone is already using my service and it
takes a minute for the system to realize they have two of us on and I am the
new guy so I get booted?

If someone starts using the service improperly I will just pull the plug on
it, so no big deal. As it is, if they don't get on the stick I will do
exactly that anyway. And I want someone from Verizon to get a Ken Lay out of
this as well.

In other news, it still drops the calls after the first transmission or two,
even after I changed the timeout. It is blazingly fast until it quits. Then
you have to disconnect because the outgoing is still on, take it out, let it
clear itself for a minute or so, plug it back in, wait for it to be
recognized, log back in and then you get another minute of up time.

Regards,

Pete