Re: [SLUG] CNN & Konqueror

From: Richard Smoot (rsmoot@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Thu Sep 07 2006 - 12:44:05 EDT

On Wednesday 06 September 2006 10:01, SOTL wrote:
> Hi All
>
> Is anyone besides myself having issues with CNN and Konqueror?
>
> I have SuSE10.1 and Fedora 5 both of which have KDE 3.5.1; both of which
> crash every time one attempts to read an article off the main page of CNN.
>
> I have Mandrake 10.1 which has KDE 3.1.1 and Scientific Linux which has KDE
> 3.3.1 both of which do not crash reading exactly the same article.
>
> SOTL
I was having similar issues with the AP News going thru TBO.com.
The current version of Firefox pretty much cleared it up. Now I only
rarely crash there instead of always crashing within 1 or 2 stories into
the list. I think the problem was the excessive add content. I would start
to get the story and as the adds loaded it would crash. I think the animated
adds are using more shockwave and JAVA than animated GIF.

                                 Richard Smoot