Re: [SLUG] wanted: hacker for small SFD script

From: Eben King (eben01@verizon.net)
Date: Wed Sep 13 2006 - 08:31:34 EDT

On Wed, 13 Sep 2006, Sick Twist wrote:

> I am looking for some help with a SFD project. I have an RMS speech in Ogg
> Theora format, ~25 minutes in length, that needs to automatically start
> fullscreen on every hour and half hour. I would probably try to do it by
> launching an mplayer or gxine wrapper script from crontab but I am buried
> in other SFD projects right now. If someone else could spare me the grunt
> work I would be _very_ thankful. Extra points if you can make it display a
> post-movie message on the screen indicating the time remaining until the
> next screening ;)

The playing part is easy. In crontab:

#mn hr dm mo dw
0,30 * 16 9 * mplayer -fs $MOVIE

The countdown, not so much. This counts down to a specified time, and looks
good doing it (well except for the font):

xdaliclock -countdown 'Sep 16 11:30:00 2006' -fullscreen -font '-*-new
century schoolbook-medium-r-*-*-300-*-*-*-*-*-*-*'

but the time would have to be changed at every invocation. Running it like
so:

mplayer $MOPTIONS ; xdaliclock $XOPTIONS

would start with no chance of being wrong, even if somebody pauses or FFs
the movie.

--
-eben   QebWenE01R@vTerYizUonI.nOetP   royalty.no-ip.org:81

This message was created using recycled electrons. ----------------------------------------------------------------------- This list is provided as an unmoderated internet service by Networked Knowledge Systems (NKS). Views and opinions expressed in messages posted are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of NKS or any of its employees.