RE: [SLUG] [PIG] databases

From: Ken Elliott (kelliott11@cfl.rr.com)
Date: Wed Sep 13 2006 - 20:44:37 EDT

>> I'm in a program design team as part of one of my classes.
>> The other members appear to be leaning toward using C# and .NET...
>> What db should I look into that's accessible from C#/.NET, reasonably
lightweight, and free (gratis) or low cost?

MySQL. It runs on Linux or Windows. You can get those folks started in the
direction of open source without a change in 'religion'.

MySQL has a .net connector, and a Visual Studio Plug-in. The plug in is
commercial right now, but will be available as open source in a few weeks.
But the commercial version is no charge.
http://mysql.org/downloads/visual-studio-plugin/1.0.html

The Connector:
http://www.mysql.com/products/connector/net/

Ken Elliott