[SLUG] image viewer

From: Eben King (eben01@verizon.net)
Date: Fri Sep 29 2006 - 13:28:23 EDT

I'm looking for an image viewer that will:

1. view an image from stdin
2. ignore the filename and deduce the filetype from the contents
3. do a slideshow, either user-controlled or automatic
3a. show the filename during a slideshow
4. display an image on the desktop
5. show GIF animation

Obviously those don't apply to the same image, except that animated GIFs in
a slideshow should be still animated.

I used to use gv, but can't get it to compile or can't find a precompiled
version, I forget which. It did everything except 3a, but would on request.

Then I used feh, but it it wouldn't do 2 or 5, and I never got it to do 1.
If it did 3, it probably would have done 3a, but I don't remember that I
tried.

Lately I've been using gimv. It does 2, 3, 4, 5, won't do 3a, don't recall
trying 1. However, it has some typos (actually I got it as a binary, but
yes, I can get the source) and I find the interface confusing.

So, is there a really good image viewer ("good" == "satisfies 1-5") out
there, with a sane interface?

--
-eben    QebWenE01R@vTerYizUonI.nOetP    royalty.no-ip.org:81
LIBRA:  A big promotion is just around the corner for someone